As part of our expanding testing services, there is now an opening to join our team as an AssociateTechnician.
As an Associate Technician at UKTC you will be responsible for assisting in the setting up and installation of fire resistance tests to a variety of British and European standards, taking instructions from lead technicians and the responsible technical officer in preparing supporting constructions and installation of client’s specimens.
- Assisting of the building of supporting constructions in line with the clients requirements and/or the relevant testing standards
- Assisting in the installation of fire testing specimens in accordance with instructions
- Implementation of instrumentation to specimens in line with the relevant testing standards
- Record keeping surrounding instrumentation/ measurement taking
- Support in the conducting of fire resistance testing using fire resistance testing furnace
- Dismantle and disposal of test specimen and supporting construction post test
- Good housekeeping of laboratory and all equipment
Skills / Qualifications
- Experience within a similar role/in construction or civil environment
- Some joinery and partition building skills
- Practical problem solving skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of accurate record keeping
- An understanding of health & safety
- Highly organised and able to work to tight deadlines
- Consistent high quality of work
- A fork lift licence would be an advantage
To apply, please submit your CV and a cover letter detailing why you are the right person for this role.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Monday to Friday