About the Role
As a Technical Surveyor at UKTC you will witness specimen installations of fire resistance test specimens to verify their dimensions, materials and methods of construction. You will produce ‘as built’ CAD drawings and a schedule of components (bill of materials) as part of the subsequent fire test report.
- Check clients’ drawings and bill of materials prior to installation to ensure sufficient information has been provided to enable a survey to be conducted
- Liaise with Technical Officers and clients to obtain and clarify information and drawings
- Ensure accurate surveys of specimens are conducted and the details are adequately recorded and checked against the information provided by the client by gathering survey evidence such as measurements and photographs
- Produce elevations and section drawings, a schedule of components and written descriptions of the test specimen
- Use of AutoCAD LT, Microsoft Office and internal systems
- Provide training to other colleagues when required, in the roles of a surveyor.
Experienced and confident using AutoCAD LT & Microsoft Office
Experience within a similar role, ideally from construction or civils
Good general education including English & maths
Strong written and verbal communication skills
An understanding of health & safety
Highly organised and able to work to tight deadlines.
Strong IT skills.
Consistent high quality of work.